What instruments are taught?
- Strings (violin, viola, violoncello, double bass, guitar)
- Woodwind (flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, recorder)
- Brass (trumpet, trombone, French horn, tuba)
- Guitar (acoustic, electric, classical, bass, ukulele)
- Music Theory
What are the rates?
The rates (per instrument) are £42/hour. Blocks of 10 x 30 minute lessons can be booked at the following rates:
Small group (3 pupils): £105
When does the Music Academy take place?
The Music Academy operates from 8.30am to 3pm on Saturdays; individual lesson times are arranged between the pupil and teacher.
- Autumn Term 2019: Saturday 7th September - Saturday 7th December
- Spring Tem 2020: Saturday 4th January - Saturday 28th March
- Summer Term 2020: Saturday 25th April – Saturday 4th July
Who is the Music Academy suitable for?
The core aim of the Academy is to deliver an exciting programme for ambitious and motivated young musicians. Musicians aged 5 to 18 who are at any stage of learning, including beginners, are welcome.
Who teaches at the Music Academy?
The Academy is overseen by Emily Pettet, Director of Music, and instrumental lessons are taught by specialist peripatetic music teachers.